Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > users > Current run problems

Project highlights: Stable Version: 1.6.1, Development Version: 1.7.6

current
Discussion topic

Back to topic list

Current run problems

Reply

Author Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com>
Full name Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com>
Date 2005-09-29 01:53:03 PDT
Message Hi

I noticed a few posts regarding this issue I've got with current, but none
seem to work for me.

Basically I've tried installing and running both the 1.6.x and the unstable
1.7.2 branch but none of them work.

All of the branches fail on creating a channel, here's the last few error
lines:

cadmin create_channel --name "Red Hat 7.2" --label rhl7.2 --arch i386
--release 7.2 --description "Red Hat Linux version 7.2"

......
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/​xmlrpclib.py", line 742, in close
raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -1: "While running 'cadmin.createChannel':
caught\nserver.apac​heRequest.UnknownXML​ : Invalid request received (class
xmlrpc.cadmin is not defined (function = createChannel)).\n">

Not sure where the problem is and its really frustrating. Can anyone give a
me an idea as to how to fix this?


Here's what I did step by step each time:

1. Download current srpm
2. rpmbuild -ba current.spec
3. rpm -Uvh current-x.rpm
4. /etc/init.d/mysqld start
5. Enter mysql
6. create database up2date;
7. GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on *.* to 'current'@'localhost' ;
8. exit mysql
9. vi /etc/current/current.conf
My current.conf file:
[current]
log_file = /var/log/current.log
log_level = 1
apache_config_file = /etc/httpd/conf.d/cu​rrent.httpd.conf
access_type = user
access_arg = apache
current_dir = /opt/current

# Location of TAL templates
# template_dir = /usr/share/current/templates

# The 'db' is which backend we're using
db_type=mysql
# db_type = postgres
# db_user and db_pass should be obvious
db_user = current
db_pass =
# db_name is the name of the database - what oracle calls a 'SID'
db_name = up2date
db_host = localhost

# These are some text messages that the server can return to the clients
# in various API calls.
## The period is there to provide a "blank line". Sheesh.
welcome_message = "Welcome to current, an open source server for up2date."
privacy_statement = "Privacy Statement:
This is site specific, and you should change this message to match
your actual site."

server_id = <REPLACE ME!>
server_secret = <REPLACE ME, TOO!>
## END OF LINE ##

10. cinstall create_apache_config
11. cinstall create_certificate
12. cp /etc/current/server.key /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.​key/server.key
13. cp /etc/current/server.crt /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.​crt/server.crt
14. cinstall initdb
15. /etc/init.d/httpd start
16. cadmin create_channel --name "Red Hat 7.2" --label rhl7.2 --arch i386
--release 7.2 --description "Red Hat Linux version 7.2"
Then the error:
CADMIN - Current Administration Text Interface
Licensed under the GNU GPL version 2.0 or greater.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/cadmin", line 123, in ?
main()
File "/usr/sbin/cadmin", line 118, in main
module.run(server, commandOpts)
File "/usr/share/current/​admin/create_channel​.py", line 58, in run
result = rpcServer.doCall(ser​ver.cadmin.createCha​nnel, chan)
File "/usr/share/rhn/up2d​ate_client/rpcServer​.py", line 309, in doCall
ret = apply(method, args, kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/​xmlrpclib.py", line 1029, in __call__
return self.__send(self.__name, args)
File "/usr/share/rhn/up2d​ate_client/rpcServer​.py", line 45, in _request1
ret = self._request(methodname, params)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/​site-packages/rhn/rp​clib.py", line 308, in _request
verbose=self._verbose
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/​site-packages/rhn/tr​ansports.py", line 184, in
request return self._process_response(fd, connection)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/​site-packages/rhn/tr​ansports.py", line 212, in
_process_response
return self.parse_response(fd)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/​site-packages/rhn/tr​ansports.py", line 236, in
parse_response
return u.close()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/​xmlrpclib.py", line 742, in close
raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -1: "While running 'cadmin.createChannel':
caught\nserver.apac​heRequest.UnknownXML​ : Invalid request received (class
xmlrpc.cadmin is not defined (function = createChannel)).\n">

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Appreciate any help.

Dan
Attachments

« Previous message in topic | 1 of 9 | Next message in topic »

Messages

Show all messages in topic

Current run problems Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> 2005-09-29 01:53:03 PDT
     Re: Current run problems jwbernin John Berninger 2005-09-29 05:04:00 PDT
         Re: Current run problems Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> 2005-09-29 05:58:32 PDT
             Re: Current run problems jwbernin John Berninger 2005-09-29 06:39:19 PDT
             Re: Current run problems theslack Jack Neely 2005-09-29 06:41:16 PDT
                 Re: Current run problems Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> 2005-09-29 07:38:47 PDT
                     Re: Current run problems Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> Dan Track <dan dot track at gmail dot com> 2005-10-03 01:28:17 PDT
                         Re: Current run problems theslack Jack Neely 2005-10-03 11:05:07 PDT
                             RE: Re: Current run problems LINDER Thierry <Thierry dot Linder at uditis dot ch> LINDER Thierry <Thierry dot Linder at uditis dot ch> 2005-10-03 23:11:31 PDT
Messages per page: