Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > users > Re: new installation error

Project highlights: Stable Version: 1.6.1, Development Version: 1.7.6

current
Discussion topic

Back to topic list

Re: new installation error

Reply

Author Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com>
Full name Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com>
Date 2003-03-06 11:27:27 PST
Message >
>
>99/100 the problem at this point is that you ran cadmin as root and the
>database/web links you created as root as not readable by the apache
>user.
>
>
I've already chown'd everything that current might need access to the
httpd user. We have apache running as nobody. Here's the important
snippets from current.conf:

[current]
valid_channels = redhat-7.3-i386
log_file = /var/log/httpd/current.log
log_level = 10

apache_config_file = /local/www/conf/curr​ent.httpd.conf

access_check_type = user
access_check_arg = nobody
server_secret = banta
server_id = blackwell
current_dir = /usr/up2date

[redhat-7.3-i386]
name = Red Hat Linux 7.3
parent_channel =
arch = i386
os_release = 7.3
description = Red Hat Linux 7.3
srpm_check = 0

rpm_dirs = /usr/up2date/7.3-updates
src_dirs = /usr/up2date/7.3-updates


And here's /usr/up2date:
[root@blackwell current]# ls -l /usr/up2date/
total 12
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody nobody 4096 Mar 5 00:43 7.3-updates
drwxrwxrwx 5 nobody nobody 4096 Mar 5 00:15 db
drwxrwxrwx 5 nobody nobody 4096 Mar 5 00:15 www
[root@blackwell current]# ls -ld /usr/up2date/
drwxrwxrwx 5 nobody nobody 4096 Feb 24 13:24 /usr/up2date/


I had chmod'd everything 777 temporarily to see if it was a permissions
problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not sure where to
move on from here, since the error that I was getting:
Mar 06 05:22:15
/usr/share/current/p​ackagedb.py:getCompa​tibleChannels({'clie​nt_arch':
'i686', 'client_release': '7.3'})
Mar 06 05:22:15 /usr/share/current/p​ackagedb.py:_getCann​onArch({'arch':
'i686'})Mar 06 05:22:15 Result is a Fault
Mar 06 05:22:15 (/usr/share/current/​current_apache.py,
sendClientResult(), 253): Data sent.
Mar 06 05:22:15 sendClientResult() finished
seems to me to be a misconfigured current server. Any direction as to
where to look from here would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,
~Matt

>As a general rule
>chmod -R o+rX $TOP_OF_TREE
>
>or
>
>chown -R apache:apache $TOP_OF_TREE
>
>are generally required.
>
>Please note that the rpms themselves ALSO have to be readable by the
>server for all of this to work.
>
>Changing the systemid is never a good idea. Re-register.
>
>
>
>
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 Requesting: up2date.login
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 with params = ['<?xml
>>version="1.0​"?>\012<param​s>\012<param​>\012<value​><struct>\012​<member>\012​<name>type</​name>\012<val​ue><string>​REAL</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​<member>\012​<name>architectur​e</name>\012​<value><stri​ng>i686</strin​g></value>​012</member>​012<member>\​012<name>check​sum</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>42a6bf906a73​794728d8a10ec34d47a7​2b74d4b0</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>os_rele​ase</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>7.3</stri​ng></value>​\012</member>​\012<member>​012<name>desc​ription</name>​\012<value>​<string>7.3
>>running on
>>i686</str​ing></value​>\012</member​>\012<member>​\012<name>sys​tem_id</name>​012<value>​<string>Current-A​NONYMOUS</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>operati​ng_system</name​>\012<value>​<string>Red
>>Hat
>>Linux</st​ring></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>pr​ofile_name</name​>\012<value​><string>jesse​-stone.nfic.com</​string></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>​fields</name>​012<value>​<array><data​>\012<value>​<string>type​</string></va​lue>\012<valu​e><string>o​perating_system</​string></value​>\012<value​><string>chec​ksum</string>​</value>\012​<value><strin​g>description<​/string></valu​e>\012<value​><string>os_​release</string​></value>\01​2<value><st​ring>architecture​</string></​value>\012<va​lue><string​>system_id</strin​g></value>​012<value>​<string>profile_n​ame</string>​</value>\012​<value><string​>username</str​ing></value​>\012</data>​</array></va​lue>\012</mem​ber>\012<memb​er>\012<name​>username</name​>\012<value​><string>mval​ites</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​</struct></va​lue>\012</par​am>\012</para​ms>\012']
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 module = up2date
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 function = login
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 (/usr/share/current/​current_apache.py, callAPIMethod(),
>>299): params = ['<?xml
>>version="1.0​"?>\012<param​s>\012<param​>\012<value​><struct>\012​<member>\012​<name>type</​name>\012<val​ue><string>​REAL</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​<member>\012​<name>architectur​e</name>\012​<value><stri​ng>i686</strin​g></value>​012</member>​012<member>\​012<name>check​sum</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>42a6bf906a73​794728d8a10ec34d47a7​2b74d4b0</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>os_rele​ase</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>7.3</stri​ng></value>​\012</member>​\012<member>​012<name>desc​ription</name>​\012<value>​<string>7.3
>>running on
>>i686</str​ing></value​>\012</member​>\012<member>​\012<name>sys​tem_id</name>​012<value>​<string>Current-A​NONYMOUS</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>operati​ng_system</name​>\012<value>​<string>Red
>>Hat
>>Linux</st​ring></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>pr​ofile_name</name​>\012<value​><string>jesse​-stone.nfic.com</​string></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>​fields</name>​012<value>​<array><data​>\012<value>​<string>type​</string></va​lue>\012<valu​e><string>o​perating_system</​string></value​>\012<value​><string>chec​ksum</string>​</value>\012​<value><strin​g>description<​/string></valu​e>\012<value​><string>os_​release</string​></value>\01​2<value><st​ring>architecture​</string></​value>\012<va​lue><string​>system_id</strin​g></value>​012<value>​<string>profile_n​ame</string>​</value>\012​<value><string​>username</str​ing></value​>\012</data>​</array></va​lue>\012</mem​ber>\012<memb​er>\012<name​>username</name​>\012<value​><string>mval​ites</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​</struct></va​lue>\012</par​am>\012</para​ms>\012']
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 Dispatching: up2date.login
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 /usr/share/current/u​p2date.py:login({'sy​sid_string':
>>'<?xml
>>version="1.0​"?>\012<param​s>\012<param​>\012<value​><struct>\012​<member>\012​<name>type</​name>\012<val​ue><string>​REAL</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​<member>\012​<name>architectur​e</name>\012​<value><stri​ng>i686</strin​g></value>​012</member>​012<member>\​012<name>check​sum</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>42a6bf906a73​794728d8a10ec34d47a7​2b74d4b0</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>os_rele​ase</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>7.3</stri​ng></value>​\012</member>​\012<member>​012<name>desc​ription</name>​\012<value>​<string>7.3
>>running on
>>i686</str​ing></value​>\012</member​>\012<member>​\012<name>sys​tem_id</name>​012<value>​<string>Current-A​NONYMOUS</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>operati​ng_system</name​>\012<value>​<string>Red
>>Hat
>>Linux</st​ring></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>pr​ofile_name</name​>\012<value​><string>jesse​-stone.nfic.com</​string></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>​fields</name>​012<value>​<array><data​>\012<value>​<string>type​</string></va​lue>\012<valu​e><string>o​perating_system</​string></value​>\012<value​><string>chec​ksum</string>​</value>\012​<value><strin​g>description<​/string></valu​e>\012<value​><string>os_​release</string​></value>\01​2<value><st​ring>architecture​</string></​value>\012<va​lue><string​>system_id</strin​g></value>​012<value>​<string>profile_n​ame</string>​</value>\012​<value><string​>username</str​ing></value​>\012</data>​</array></va​lue>\012</mem​ber>\012<memb​er>\012<name​>username</name​>\012<value​><string>mval​ites</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​</struct></va​lue>\012</par​am>\012</para​ms>\012'})
>>Mar 06 05:02:10
>>/usr/share/c​urrent/packagedb.py:​getCompatibleChannel​s({'client_arch':
>>'i686', 'client_release': '7.3'})
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 /usr/share/current/p​ackagedb.py:_getCann​onArch({'arch':
>>'i686'})Mar 06 05:02:10 Result is a Fault
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 (/usr/share/current/​current_apache.py,
>>sendClientResult(), 253): Data sent.
>>Mar 06 05:02:10 sendClientResult() finished
>>
>>
>>After I edit systemid and change all occurences of 686 to 386, I get
>>this error:
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 Requesting: up2date.login
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 with params = ['<?xml
>>version="1.0​"?>\012<param​s>\012<param​>\012<value​><struct>\012​<member>\012​<name>type</​name>\012<val​ue><string>​REAL</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​<member>\012​<name>architectur​e</name>\012​<value><stri​ng>i386</strin​g></value>​012</member>​012<member>\​012<name>check​sum</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>42a6bf906a73​794728d8a10ec34d47a7​2b74d4b0</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>os_rele​ase</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>7.3</stri​ng></value>​\012</member>​\012<member>​012<name>desc​ription</name>​\012<value>​<string>7.3
>>running on
>>i386</str​ing></value​>\012</member​>\012<member>​\012<name>sys​tem_id</name>​012<value>​<string>Current-A​NONYMOUS</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>operati​ng_system</name​>\012<value>​<string>Red
>>Hat
>>Linux</st​ring></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>pr​ofile_name</name​>\012<value​><string>jesse​-stone.nfic.com</​string></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>​fields</name>​012<value>​<array><data​>\012<value>​<string>type​</string></va​lue>\012<valu​e><string>o​perating_system</​string></value​>\012<value​><string>chec​ksum</string>​</value>\012​<value><strin​g>description<​/string></valu​e>\012<value​><string>os_​release</string​></value>\01​2<value><st​ring>architecture​</string></​value>\012<va​lue><string​>system_id</strin​g></value>​012<value>​<string>profile_n​ame</string>​</value>\012​<value><string​>username</str​ing></value​>\012</data>​</array></va​lue>\012</mem​ber>\012<memb​er>\012<name​>username</name​>\012<value​><string>mval​ites</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​</struct></va​lue>\012</par​am>\012</para​ms>\012']
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 module = up2date
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 function = login
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 (/usr/share/current/​current_apache.py, callAPIMethod(),
>>299): params = ['<?xml
>>version="1.0​"?>\012<param​s>\012<param​>\012<value​><struct>\012​<member>\012​<name>type</​name>\012<val​ue><string>​REAL</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​<member>\012​<name>architectur​e</name>\012​<value><stri​ng>i386</strin​g></value>​012</member>​012<member>\​012<name>check​sum</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>42a6bf906a73​794728d8a10ec34d47a7​2b74d4b0</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>os_rele​ase</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>7.3</stri​ng></value>​\012</member>​\012<member>​012<name>desc​ription</name>​\012<value>​<string>7.3
>>running on
>>i386</str​ing></value​>\012</member​>\012<member>​\012<name>sys​tem_id</name>​012<value>​<string>Current-A​NONYMOUS</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>operati​ng_system</name​>\012<value>​<string>Red
>>Hat
>>Linux</st​ring></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>pr​ofile_name</name​>\012<value​><string>jesse​-stone.nfic.com</​string></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>​fields</name>​012<value>​<array><data​>\012<value>​<string>type​</string></va​lue>\012<valu​e><string>o​perating_system</​string></value​>\012<value​><string>chec​ksum</string>​</value>\012​<value><strin​g>description<​/string></valu​e>\012<value​><string>os_​release</string​></value>\01​2<value><st​ring>architecture​</string></​value>\012<va​lue><string​>system_id</strin​g></value>​012<value>​<string>profile_n​ame</string>​</value>\012​<value><string​>username</str​ing></value​>\012</data>​</array></va​lue>\012</mem​ber>\012<memb​er>\012<name​>username</name​>\012<value​><string>mval​ites</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​</struct></va​lue>\012</par​am>\012</para​ms>\012']
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 Dispatching: up2date.login
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 /usr/share/current/u​p2date.py:login({'sy​sid_string':
>>'<?xml
>>version="1.0​"?>\012<param​s>\012<param​>\012<value​><struct>\012​<member>\012​<name>type</​name>\012<val​ue><string>​REAL</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​<member>\012​<name>architectur​e</name>\012​<value><stri​ng>i386</strin​g></value>​012</member>​012<member>\​012<name>check​sum</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>42a6bf906a73​794728d8a10ec34d47a7​2b74d4b0</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>os_rele​ase</name>\01​2<value><st​ring>7.3</stri​ng></value>​\012</member>​\012<member>​012<name>desc​ription</name>​\012<value>​<string>7.3
>>running on
>>i386</str​ing></value​>\012</member​>\012<member>​\012<name>sys​tem_id</name>​012<value>​<string>Current-A​NONYMOUS</string​></value>\0​12</member>\0​12<member>\01​2<name>operati​ng_system</name​>\012<value>​<string>Red
>>Hat
>>Linux</st​ring></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>pr​ofile_name</name​>\012<value​><string>jesse​-stone.nfic.com</​string></value​>\012</member​>\012<member​>\012<name>​fields</name>​012<value>​<array><data​>\012<value>​<string>type​</string></va​lue>\012<valu​e><string>o​perating_system</​string></value​>\012<value​><string>chec​ksum</string>​</value>\012​<value><strin​g>description<​/string></valu​e>\012<value​><string>os_​release</string​></value>\01​2<value><st​ring>architecture​</string></​value>\012<va​lue><string​>system_id</strin​g></value>​012<value>​<string>profile_n​ame</string>​</value>\012​<value><string​>username</str​ing></value​>\012</data>​</array></va​lue>\012</mem​ber>\012<memb​er>\012<name​>username</name​>\012<value​><string>mval​ites</string>​</value>\012​</member>\012​</struct></va​lue>\012</par​am>\012</para​ms>\012'})
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 Result is a Fault
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 (/usr/share/current/​current_apache.py,
>>sendClientResult(), 253): Data sent.
>>Mar 06 05:05:24 sendClientResult() finished
>>
>>
>>The up2date client I'm using is:
>>
>>[root@jesse-stone root]# up2date --version
>>Red Hat Update Agent v2.7.86
>>Copyright (c) 1999-2001 Red Hat, Inc.
>>Licensed under terms of the GPL.
>>
>>
>>Thanks,
>>~Matt Valites
>>Unix Admin
>>Banta-IM
>>
>>
>>------------​--------------------​--------------------​-----------------
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cu​rrent.tigris.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at current dot tigris dot org
>>
>>


--------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cu​rrent.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at current dot tigris dot org

« Previous message in topic | 3 of 12 | Next message in topic »

Messages

Show all messages in topic

new installation error Matthew C Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> Matthew C Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> 2003-03-06 11:04:53 PST
     Re: new installation error hunterm Hunter Matthews 2003-03-06 11:15:19 PST
         Re: new installation error Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> 2003-03-06 11:27:27 PST
             Re: new installation error Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> 2003-03-06 11:29:51 PST
     Re: new installation error Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> 2003-03-09 07:02:06 PST
         Re: new installation error Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> 2003-03-11 07:55:35 PST
             Re: new installation error Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> 2003-03-11 08:03:51 PST
             Re: new installation error Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> 2003-03-13 15:57:13 PST
         Re: new installation error jwbernin John Berninger 2003-03-11 08:08:21 PST
             Re: new installation error Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> Matthew Valites <mvalites at banta-im dot com> 2003-03-11 11:50:36 PST
                 Re: new installation error jwbernin John Berninger 2003-03-11 13:17:57 PST
                     Re: new installation error Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> Andreas Thienemann <andreas at thienemann dot net> 2003-03-11 13:51:03 PST
Messages per page: