Login | Register
My pages Projects Community openCollabNet

Discussions > dev > confusion fixed

Project highlights: Stable Version: 1.6.1, Development Version: 1.7.6

current
Discussion topic

Hide all messages in topic

All messages in topic

Re: confusion fixed

Reply

Author jaredgreenwald
Full name Jared Greenwald
Date 2006-10-02 18:20:24 PDT
Message -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I see that. Glad I could help... :)

- -Jared

Jack Neely wrote:
> Thanks Jared. I also committed a missing commit as well.
>
> Jack
>
> On 10/2/06, Jared Greenwald <jared.greenwald@​oracle.com> wrote:
> Ok, I figured out my problem. It was a little easier than I thought it
> was, but it boils down to a difference between a list and something
> acting like a list. In the end there's a slight bug in
> setupBaseChannels. In any case, I'd suggest changing the following:
>
> result = resultSet(self.cursor)
>
> to add a call to dump (thus dumping all channel entries):
>
> result = resultSet(self.cursor).dump()
>
>
> The reason for this is that inside the for loop just below this
> assignment, the cursor is being used in _updateInstalledPackages. Then
> when we get back to the top of the for loop, the next() method is being
> called and trying to access the original cursor. Calling dump() gets
> all of the entries loaded into a list from the start.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Jared
>>
- --------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@curr​ent.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help at current dot tigris dot org
>>
>>

> --------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@curr​ent.tigris.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help at current dot tigris dot org

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFFIbrVu4z7Xptg​TUYRAo6MAJ0WBsCh4ycx​qMb2dTW3EdCGACs31gCg​tvP5
M4etovxHCqLDge0m/bql7RU=
=qrqu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Re: confusion fixed

Reply

Author theslack
Full name Jack Neely
Date 2006-10-02 16:44:15 PDT
Message Thanks Jared. I also committed a missing commit as well.

Jack

On 10/2/06, Jared Greenwald <jared.greenwald@​oracle.com> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Ok, I figured out my problem. It was a little easier than I thought it
> was, but it boils down to a difference between a list and something
> acting like a list. In the end there's a slight bug in
> setupBaseChannels. In any case, I'd suggest changing the following:
>
> result = resultSet(self.cursor)
>
> to add a call to dump (thus dumping all channel entries):
>
> result = resultSet(self.cursor).dump()
>
>
> The reason for this is that inside the for loop just below this
> assignment, the cursor is being used in _updateInstalledPackages. Then
> when we get back to the top of the for loop, the next() method is being
> called and trying to access the original cursor. Calling dump() gets
> all of the entries loaded into a list from the start.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> - -Jared
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iD8DBQFFIaE9u4z7Xptg​TUYRAgFYAJ0dCO3v5QMn​DC90vhd5wtwEenRObwCf​a7HF
> +TzZ0PTumf2TIbp0+WN5D9o=
> =nKUA
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> --------------------​--------------------​--------------------​---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@curr​ent.tigris.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help at current dot tigris dot org
>
>

confusion fixed

Reply

Author jaredgreenwald
Full name Jared Greenwald
Date 2006-10-02 16:31:09 PDT
Message -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Ok, I figured out my problem. It was a little easier than I thought it
was, but it boils down to a difference between a list and something
acting like a list. In the end there's a slight bug in
setupBaseChannels. In any case, I'd suggest changing the following:

        result = resultSet(self.cursor)

to add a call to dump (thus dumping all channel entries):

        result = resultSet(self.cursor).dump()


The reason for this is that inside the for loop just below this
assignment, the cursor is being used in _updateInstalledPackages. Then
when we get back to the top of the for loop, the next() method is being
called and trying to access the original cursor. Calling dump() gets
all of the entries loaded into a list from the start.

Thoughts?

- -Jared
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFFIaE9u4z7Xptg​TUYRAgFYAJ0dCO3v5QMn​DC90vhd5wtwEenRObwCf​a7HF
+TzZ0PTumf2TIbp0+WN5D9o=
=nKUA
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Messages per page: